|ID||Download Title||Download Link||Post Date|
||Qio Firmware Updater (OS X) 2.0.1||Jun-13-2013|
||Qio E3 Firmware Updater (Windows) 1.2||Jun-29-2012|
|Operating System Requirements: Windows Vista (32-bit), Windows Vista (64-bit), Windows 7 (32-bit), Windows 7 (64-bit), Windows Server 2008 (32-bit), Windows Server 2008 (64-bit), Windows Server 2008 R2 (64-bit)|
File Name: SonnetQioUpdater1.2.zip
File Size: 805.0 KB
Description: This Windows installer updates the firmware in the Qio E3 (model numbers QIO-E3-E34 and QIO-E3-PCIE, all revisions). This version expands the Qio E3's PC compatibility. Please refer to Qio E3 product page for specific compatibility information. After the firmware is updated, the Qio E3 will continue to operate as before with Mac computers. If you are also using your Qio E3 with a Mac, we recommend that you use the the Mac OS Firmware updater instead for an easier update.
1) You must burn the enclosed .iso file to a CD, and alter your computer's BIOS to enable booting from a CD.
2) You may need to run this updater twice. If the firmware updater is unsuccessful after the second attempt, please contact Sonnet support for further assistance.
1. Connect the Qio E3 (install the interface card, connect the interface cable, and plug in the AC adapter) as described in the Qio E3 User's Guide.
2. Turn on your computer and boot immediately into the computer's BIOS (or setup) menu.
3. Change your computer's BIOS settings so that the computer will boot from a CD-ROM first, and then restart your computer. Note: The steps required to change your computer's BIOS will vary with each computer model. Please refer to your computer's user manual for specific instructions on how to perform this procedure.
4. Burn the SonnetQioUpdaterX ISO file to a CD.
5. Verify the Qio is connected securely to the computer and has power.
6. Restart the computer with the SonnetQioUpdater CD in the CD drive; after the boot process, a menu will be displayed on the screen.
7. Select Load SATA CD/DVD Drivers and then press enter.
Note: If your computer has an optical drive with a PATA (IDE) interface, choose option 2 to load PATA CD/DVD drivers instead.
8. At this time, the computer will be awaiting instruction. Type "cd QIOE3" (without quotes), and then hit Enter
9. Type "go" (without quotes), and then press Enter.
10. If the firmware update was successful, you will see a message saying so. Eject the CD and restart your computer; the firmware update is complete.