|ID||Article Title||Post Date|
||After hot unplug/plug my HP ZBook gets a "Unable to load driver because a previous driver is still in memory" error.||Jan-03-17|
||I'm getting low throughput on my Thunderbolt 3 device. Why could this be?||Oct-05-17|
||Can I replace the M.2 module inside the Fusion Flash Drive?||Sep-25-17|
For the following reasons:
1) An alternate SSD module would likely not fit. The internal heat sink case is milled with very tight tolerances for a specific SSD for efficient heat conduction.
2) Without customized heat sinking, an alternative SSD module would likely overheat.
3) An alternate SSD would likely unexpectedly disconnect in the middle of a write because of a power surge. Sonnet carefully chose and tested an SSD that does not exceed the Thunderbolt power limit. Most SSDs consume more power than Thunderbolt can support for a bus-powered device.
4) You may damage your computer.
5) You would void your warranty.
||The Fusion Flash Drive is not showing up in Disk Utility on macOS 10.13.||Mar-07-18|
||Can I connect the Fusion Thunderbolt 3 Edition PCIe Flash Drive to a Thunderbolt 2 Mac?||Jul-23-18|
|Thunderbolt 2 does not have enough power to directly connect a Thunderbolt 3 bus-powered device like the Fusion Thunderbolt 3 Edition PCIe Flash Drive. However, you can connect the Fusion TB3 if you have an intermediate Thunderbolt 3 device in the chain that is wall-powered, for example the Sonnet Echo 11 Dock.|
Thunderbolt 2 Mac----Apple TB 3 (USB-C) to TB 2 Adapter----Wall-powered Thunderbolt 3 Device----Fusion TB3
Note that the Apple Thunderbolt 3 (USB-C) to Thunderbolt 2 Adapter is reversable and will support a Thunderbolt 2 Mac and a Thunderbolt 3 device (as well as a Thunderbolt 3 Mac and a Thunderbolt 2 device).
Connected to a Thunderbolt 2 Mac, the Fusion Thunderbolt 3 Edition PCIe Flash Drive will be limited to 1350MB/s read and write speed.
||My computer is not recognizing the Fusion Thunderbolt 3 Flash Drive device||Dec-15-18|
||Upon connecting the Thunderbolt 3 Fusion Flash Drive, I see an error message "Accessory Needs More Power"||Dec-18-18|