|ID||Article Title||Post Date|
||Can I put a GPU card in the Echo Express III?||Oct-05-17|
||What power cable do I need for the Avid HDX card for the Echo Express III-D, III-R, or xMac Pro Server?||Feb-16-18|
||The Avid HDX card doesn't yet work in the Thunderbolt 3 editions of Echo Express III-D or III-R. What can I do?||Nov-13-19|
||Is there Windows Support for Echo Express SE III/IIIe, Echo Express III-D/R Thunderbolt 3 Editions?||Sep-23-19|
|These chassis have full Windows 10 compatiblity(1), and Sonnet provides full support for Windows 10. Windows computers require the latest firmware (BIOS) and Thunderbolt drivers to support these product. Check with your computer manufacturer for update information. |
PC with Thunderbolt 3 ports
Windows 10 (64-bit Edition Version 1809 or newer)
I. Preparing to Use the Echo Express Chassis With a Windows Computer
1. Update Windows to the latest version. You must use Windows 10, 64-Bit Version 1809 or newer. To check the version number, type winver in the search bar and click enter.
2. Update your computer's BIOS to the latest version. If you need help updating your BIOS, contact your computer manufacturer.
3. Update your Thunderbolt Bus Driver to the latest version; you will need version 18.104.22.1685 or newer. To check your driver version, go to Settings:Apps:Thunderbolt Software and you will see the version number. If it is not 22.214.171.1245 or newer, then you need to update it. Check with your computer manufacturer for an update.
II. PCIe Card Installation and Chassis Setup Steps
Install your PCIe cards as described in the PCIe Card Installation and Chassis Setup Steps section in the documentation included with the Echo chassis. For details about compatible PCIe cards, see the PCIe Card Thunderbolt Compatibility Chart .
III. Setup and Configuration Steps
A - Confirm the Echo Express Chassis and Installed Cards Are Recognized.
1. With the Echo chassis connected to a power source and to the computer, turn on the computer. Note that if there are any other Thunderbolt devices connected between the Sonnet adapter and your computer, they must also be powered for you to perform the following steps.
2. When the computer boots for the first time after you connected the Echo Express chassis, an Approve New Thunderbolt Devices window appears. From the drop-down menu select Always Connect, and then click OK.
3. Right-click the Windows Start button, and then select Manage; the Computer Management window appears.
4. In the Computer Management window, click the category each card type you installed to expand the listing; a generic adapter listing will appear. After their drivers are installed, the listings will change to display the names of the installed cards.
B - Install Card Drivers, If Necessary
1. Launch a web browser, and then go to your card manufacturer's website. Download and install the latest drivers according to the manufacturer's directions.
2. Restart your computer; your Echo chassis is ready to use!
Note 1. These multi-slot chassis are not yet officially certified for Windows 10.
||Matrox Cards do not support Windows 10 Fast Startup option.||Sep-09-19|