- Mac (M series) with PCIe cards that have compatible drivers
- Mac (Intel®) with Thunderbolt 3 ports
- Mac (Intel) with a Thunderbolt 2 or Thunderbolt 1 port with an Apple Thunderbolt 3 (USB-C) to Thunderbolt Adapter plus a Thunderbolt 2 cable (both sold separately)
- macOS® 10.12.6+
- macOS Sonoma compatible
- Windows computer with Thunderbolt 4 or Thunderbolt 3(1) ports
- Windows 11 or 10
- Linux computer with Thunderbolt 4 or Thunderbolt 3 ports
- Linux Kernel 5.4+
PCIe Card Compatibility
For a list of compatible PCIe cards, see the following PDF
- Thunderbolt desktop enclosure
- One Thunderbolt port
- Power (C14-type)
- 8-pin (6+2 pin) power connector; provides up to 150W of power for PCIe cards that require supplemental power)
- One x16 mechanical (x4 electrical, Thunderbolt 3 spec) PCIe 3.0
PCIe Card Supported
- One full-length, full-height, single- or double-width PCIe card
- Universal 400W, 115-230V AC, 50-60 Hz(2)
- 0ºC to 35ºC (32ºF to 95ºF)
- 3.5 x 16.7 x 9 in. (8.9 x 42.4 x 22.9 cm)
- RoHS 3 (Directive 2015/863)
- IEC62368-1 and IEC62368-2
- Echo I Desktop System
- Region-specific power cable for US, Australia, Europe, Japan, Switzerland, or UK
- Thunderbolt cable(3)
- ThunderLok 3 Thunderbolt connector retainer clip(4)
- While the Echo I Desktop features a 40Gbps Thunderbolt interface, some Windows computers equipped with Thunderbolt 3 use an x2 PCIe lane implementation of Thunderbolt 3 technology that limits PCIe performance to 20Gbps.
- Power supply will operate as low as 90VAC, with linear power derating from 400W @ 115VAC to 320W @ 90VAC.
- Full performance requires the use of the included 40Gbps Thunderbolt cable, other 40Gbps (not 20Gbps) Thunderbolt cable, or any Thunderbolt 4 cable; look for the Thunderbolt icon and the number 3 or 4 on the connector housings to identify 40Gbps Thunderbolt cables.
- ThunderLok 3 compatible specifically with Sonnet 0.5- and 0.7-meter Thunderbolt 3 cables.