- Windows computer with Thunderbolt 4 or Thunderbolt 3 ports
- Windows 11, 10 (see note)
- Important Note: Windows computers require the latest BIOS and Thunderbolt drivers to support this product. Check with your computer manufacturer for update information.
- Linux computer with Thunderbolt 4 or Thunderbolt 3 ports
- Linux Kernel 5.0+
PCIe Card Compatibility
For a list of compatible PCIe cards, view the PDF of Sonnet's PCIe Card Thunderbolt Compatibility Chart
- ECHO-EX-SE3E-EU (for EU countries)
- Thunderbolt desktop enclosure
- Two Thunderbolt ports
- 12V power port
- 6-pin Mini-Fit Jr (same type as on legacy Mac Pro motherboard; provides power for PCIe card that requires supplemental power)
- One x8 mechanical (x4 electrical) PCIe 3.0
- Two x8 mechanical (x8 electrical) PCIe 3.0
PCIe Cards Supported
- One half-length+ (up to 7.75 inches long), double-width, full-height x8 PCIe card, plus one single-width card or
- Three half-length+, single-width, full-height x8 PCIe cards
- Universal 120W, 100-240V, 50-60 Hz
- NRTL Certified
- 0ºC to 35ºC (32ºF to 95ºF)
- 6.5 x 11 x 4.6 in. (16.5 x 27.9 x 11.7 cm)
- Echo Express SE IIIe desktop enclosure
- Universal power adapter
- Power cord
- 0.7-meter 40Gbps Thunderbolt cable
- ThunderLok 3 Thunderbolt connector retainer clip(1)
- ThunderLok 3 compatible specifically with Sonnet 0.5- and 0.7-meter Thunderbolt 3 cables; Sonnet 1- and 2-meter Thunderbolt 3 cables require ThunderLok 3L.
- While the Echo Express SE IIIe features a 40Gbps Thunderbolt 3 interface, some computers equipped with Thunderbolt 3 use an x2 PCIe lane implementation of Thunderbolt 3 technology that limits PCIe performance to 20Gbps.
- Full performance requires the use of the included 40Gbps Thunderbolt 3 cable, other 40Gbps (not 20Gbps) Thunderbolt 3 cable, or any Thunderbolt 4 cable; look for the Thunderbolt icon and the number 3 or 4 on the connector housings to identify Thunderbolt cables.
- Second Thunderbolt port supports USB 3.1 Gen 1 (5Gb) or Gen 2 (10Gb) devices when connected with proper cable or adapter (sold separately).