- PC with Thunderbolt 3 ports
- Windows 10 (64-bit Edition Version 1809 or greater)
- Important Note: Windows computers require the latest BIOS and Thunderbolt drivers to support this product. Check with your computer manufacturer for update information.
- Linux computer with Thunderbolt 3 ports
- Linux Kernel 5.0+
PCIe Card Compatibility
For a list of compatible PCIe cards, view the PDF of Sonnet's PCIe Card Thunderbolt Compatibility Chart
- Two Thunderbolt 3 ports
- 12V power port
- One x8 PCIe 3.0 slot
x8 mechanical; x4 electrical (Thunderbolt 3 spec)
PCIe Cards Supported
- One low-profile PCIe card
- Universal 60W, 100-240V AC, 50-60 Hz
- 0ºC to 35ºC (32ºF to 95ºF)
- 4 x 8.25 x 2.8 in. (10.3 x 21 x 7.28 cm)
- Echo Express SEL (Thunderbolt 3 Edition)
- Universal power adapter
- Power cord
- 0.7-meter Thunderbolt 3 (40Gbps) cable
- ThunderLok 3 Thunderbolt Connector Retainer Clip(2)
- Not all Mac-compatible PCIe cards are also compatible with Windows; see Sonnet's PCIe Card Thunderbolt Compatibility Chart (PDF) for details.
- ThunderLok 3 compatible specifically with Sonnet 0.5- and 0.7-meter Thunderbolt 3 cables; Sonnet 1- and 2-meter Thunderbolt 3 cables require ThunderLok 3L.
- While the Echo Express SE III features a 40 Gbps Thunderbolt 3 interface, some computers equipped with Thunderbolt 3 use an implementation of Thunderbolt 3 technology that limits PCIe performance to 20 Gbps. The MacBook Pro (13-inch, Late 2016, Four Thunderbolt 3 Ports) has this limitation in the two right-hand Thunderbolt 3 ports, while offering full performance from the left-hand ports.
- Full performance requires the use of the included Thunderbolt 3 (40Gbps) cable, or other Thunderbolt 3 (40Gbps) cables; look for the Thunderbolt icon AND the number 3 on the connector housings to identify these cables.
- One 4K monitor directly supported. Two 4K monitors requires either a 4K monitor with multi-stream transport support (DP out), or a Thunderbolt 3 to Dual DisplayPort adapter. One Thunderbolt 3 5K monitor directly supported. All Thunderbolt 3 Macs support two 4K monitors. Most Thunderbolt PCs support two 4K monitors.
- Second Thunderbolt 3 port supports Thunderbolt and Thunderbolt 2 peripheral devices on Macs used with the Apple Thunderbolt 3 (USB-C) to Thunderbolt 2 Adapter plus a Thunderbolt 2 cable (both sold separately).
- Second Thunderbolt 3 port supports USB 3.1 Gen 1 (5Gb) or Gen 2 (10Gb) devices when connected with proper cable or adapter (sold separately).